In this episode, we tackle some of the talking points that were shared in last week’s episode as Brian and Kelsey McNeill (of A Light We Share) told us about what it was like to have not one, but two(!), near-death experiences and how those experiences have shaped their lives and changed the course of their future.
We talk about the importance of connecting, and reconnecting, with those in our lives, how to cultivate the habit of telling people that you appreciate them (and why!) and how social media was utilized as a vital communication channel in a difficult time.
We also chat about how to be a good listener to people who are going through a hard time and how to give them the space to express themselves without necessarily offering advice or telling that that everything will “be okay”. Toxic positivity not allowed!
We talk about all of this and more so be sure to tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A quick overview of the main takeaways from our conversation with Brian and Kelsey of A Light We Share.
- The importance of reconnecting with people and expressing our gratitude of them, to them.
- How to use social media as a communication when seeking internal and external support.
- What to do when you repeatedly reach out to someone and they don’t respond.
- Learning who you can count on when you’re going through a crisis.
- The value of direct communication and sincerity.
- Navigating the balance between setting boundaries and not hurting someone else’s feelings.
- How to send text messages that cut through the nonsense and invite honesty.
- Exploring the idea of “toxic positivity” and how to hold space for any emotion a person might have.
- Defining moments in live and near-death experiences.
- And much more!
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- A Light We Share
- A Light We Share on Instagram
- A Light We Share on Facebook
- Less Alone Podcast Community on Facebook
- Rich Roll Podcast
P.S. Be sure to Rate, Review and Subscribe to the podcast in your favorite podcast player!
TRANSCRIPT…Continue reading “EP12: Basically, ALL THE THINGS”