Welcome back to Episode 2 of the Less Alone Podcast! We’ve got a ton of updates for you! We’ve now got a website and you can now find us everywhere on social media! Today’s big topic is: How to Make Friends. There are certain intricacies of adult friendships that can sometimes be tricky (especially compared to how easy it sometimes seemed as kids.) In this episode we dive into how different life stages truly impact the connections that we’re able to make, and keep, in the long term. We also take a look at how finding friends as an adult can often be a lot like dating… how there’s a certain chemistry involved with finding people that you just “click with”. We break down what it means to find a compatible vulnerability in the friendships you pursue and how your body language can aid — or impede — building strong connections. Finally, we end the episode with some great practical tips on how to make friends. For an incredible conversation on building connections, don’t miss out on today’s episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A run-through of updates and announcements
- Understanding the importance of having social ties in your life
- Dunbar’s number: a level of connection lost at the magic number of 150
- Adult friends and the impact of being in different stages of life
- Incorporating chemistry into friendship: is it like dating?
- Learning to adopt inherent worthiness
- The disappointing nature of gossiping and why you should avoid it
- Finding a compatible vulnerability within your adult friendships
- How to use the right body language for building connection
- Practical tips on how to make friends as an adult
- And much more!
Links to Things We Mention in the Episode:
- Less Alone email address email@example.com
- Instagram @LessAlonePodcast
- Twitter @LessAlonePod
- Less Alone Podcast Website LessAlonePodcast.com
- Less Alone Podcast Newsletter: Sign up HERE
- Less Alone Podcast Facebook Community Group
- Our voicemail phone #: (775) 591-8860
- Find us on Apple Podcasts, please rate, review and subscribe
- Podcast Launch Giveaway! Rate, review, and subscribe on Apple Podcasts. Send us a screenshot of your review to firstname.lastname@example.org The 1st 30 reviews will get a $5 Starbucks gift card. Please note that reviews can take up to 24 hours to appear in Apple Podcasts
- How to turn your phone screen to grayscale
- 2010 study that shows connections increase immunity
- Article talking about 50% increase in happiness because of friendships
- Social relationships and mortality risk in medical journal
- Lost Connections book
- Lost Connections quiz
- Dunbar’s Number
- Robin Dunbar
- Animal friends video
- Reddit Anthropologist focused on friendship
- Anna’s book
- Facebook post
- Four Agreements book
- The Kali Institute
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- Resting Bitch Face AKA RBF
- Erin’s pencil in the teeth Instagram pic
- Smile Therapy
- Amy Cuddy TED talk
- Smiling and sales
- How to Make Friends As An Adult
- How to Keep Making Friends as You Get Older
- Sponsor the show
- Bark Happy
- Next Door
Be sure to Rate, Review and Subscribe to the podcast in your favorite podcast player!
Season 1, Episode 2: The Secret to Making Friends When Life is Bustin’ at the Seams
AMY MOORE: We are three friends exploring connection. From the coffee shop to the podcast studio. I’m Amy.
ANNA NEWELL JONES: I’m Anna.
ERIN LINEHAN: I’m Erin.