We can’t believe it but we’ve come to the end of Season 1! This is the Season Finale episode of the Less Alone podcast!
In this episode we continue our conversation about our connection to ourselves. Now, we’re discussing our connection with our “higher” selves.
Through the work we’ve done on ourselves, we’ve been taken to a place of wanting, and being able to, show up as our authentic selves in the world. We’ve gone from looking outside of ourselves for validation and worth to a place where we’re more comfortable than even in who we truly are.
We talk about how our spiritual lives and connection to spirituality has changed over the course of our lives. We also get into the ways in which we can begin to find our true selves and connect with this person, and we share the role that meditation, yoga and self-help books have played in helping us to become the best version of ourselves.
And, if you thought that self-love is just another trendy word, think again. It is so important to understand that we cannot love anybody else if we do not love ourselves. Our relationship with ourselves is the foundation of all other connections we have, so we better we sure to nurture it! It’s time friend yourself!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Feedback on our experiences doing the hand-to-heart, hand-to-belly awareness nugget.
- The butterfly hug as a great self-soothing technique.
- Our upcoming live episode in Denver at the House of Pod!
- Erin’s connection to self in the form of being grounded and connected to her higher power.
- Anna’s journey of connecting with her spirituality rather than with a religion.
- Asking yourself what your priorities are when you are your best self.
- Some of the things we have done to grow in our connection to ourselves.
- Erin on meeting her healing touch mentor and deciding to train in it herself.
- The importance of open-mindedness and paying attention to the things that you are drawn to.
- The powerful moment when people understand self-love and self-compassion.
- How do we get to that point of being able to show up as our authentic selves?
- Developing yourself to the point of not caring as much what people think of you.
- How when we’re young we’re willing to change ourselves to what we think others will like.
- Being vulnerable only with people who have earned it.
- The power of sharing secrets and the “beautiful mess” effect.
- Developing a personal philosophy by asking yourself these four questions…
- An overview of what has stood out for each of us in Season 1.
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- The Kali Institute
- House of Pod
- Barre3 and founder, Sadie Lincoln
- Brené Brown and her book: Daring Greatly
- Brianna Wiest
- Maya Angelou
- Andre Agassi
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- Wyn Wiley
- A Monument for the Anxious and Hopeful
- Outlier Podcast Festival
- Jessica Stillman
- 5280 Magazine
- Lisa Oliver Therapy on Instagram
Email us at Hello@LessAlonePodcast.com for a copy of the full transcript
P.S. Be sure to Rate, Review and Subscribe to the podcast in your favorite podcast player!
TRANSCRIPT…Continue reading “Season 1 FINALE! – Episode 10: The Most Complicated Connection of All – How I Learned to “Friend” Myself”